Building the Scranton Student

In chronological order, I’ve been sick, working on the Scranton Student, and wrapped up in class registration for next semester. It’s been about a week since I started feeling ill, but I am actually feeling much better today. Over the weekend, I worked on the Scranton Student for long hours. The result is that I’ve built my best database system to date. It’s not entirely automated—I still have to manually create archive listings—but it is a significant step up from the backend of this site. It also happens to be highly scaleable. I’ve already spoken to a few people who were interested in writing original articles for the site, and I’m working out the final details of the design, so hopefully the site will be in beta-testing in about ten days.